Managing deliveries is a key part of your business, but once your employees step foot outside of your restaurant, it can be challenging to make sure you are compensating them fairly and accurately. The US Department of Labor is cracking down on making sure that tipped employees making below minimum wage have their mileage tracked and reimbursed accurately.
But what does this mean for your restaurant?
When tracking deductions from your drivers' wages, employees must be reimbursed for any mileage incurred on behalf of their employer (that's you!)...so it's in your best interest to keep accurate records of mileage driven by each of your drivers. The 2015 IRS mileage rate has risen 56 cents over 2014 to a rate of 57.5 cents per mile...that means the cost of running your delivery operation has increased. You are also required to keep records of all gas cash given to drivers and maintain these records on a weekly basis.
The good news?
There are easy and affordable tools available to help make sure that your delivery management runs easily and correctly. With Thr!ve Point-of-Sale, the newly developed Google-optimized driver mileage feature will automatically calculate the miles traveled on each run. The system also tracks the amount of time the driver spends on the road vs. in house and reports on this on the Driver Performance report. This was implemented specifically for workers comp calculations, helping to reduce workers comp costs on drivers.
- Customizable promise times
- Complete accountability
- Lots of ways to pay drivers
- Automatic updates to your online ordering
- Point-to-point delivery insights and driving directions
- Dictate valid delivery areas, times, and minimum order requirements
- Ban trouble customers from future deliveries
Drivers Driving you Nuts?
- Dispatch orders in the POS directly to your driver's app dashboard
- Integrated Google maps and directions
- Show drivers listed assigned orders including order details, messages, and coupons
- Customers can sign for credit card payments right on the screen
- Map all driver locations from the POS
- Track every detail about your delivery operation!